Communicating tends to be one of the hardest aspects of all relationships. For the doctor/patient relationship, it’s easy to assume that because the doctor provides health information the pet owner hears it. But do they? Not really. Why? Pet owners today tend to:
- Have their face in their phone.
- Are overwhelmed with the medical information the doctor is presenting.
- Focus on other anxieties in their life and aren’t focusing on the present.
- Are emotionally processing the first piece of information presented and miss the rest of the medical update.
- Forget or modify the content of the information presented over time. (Think of the game telephone). (more…)