Photographs tell stories.
A stunning photo that captures a compelling moment elicits pure and strong emotions from everyone who views it.
Images play a crucial role in marketing your veterinary practice, because they tell the story of your business and foster emotional bonds with pet owners.
Here are 7 tips to help you make the most of your marketing photography…
1. Be specific. Shoot real images of real people doing meaningful things. This includes your employees, clients, pets and events. Invite pet owners into your photographic conversation by asking for their images. Photo contests are a great way to engage clients.
2. Ensure that images align with your brand and are consistent with your overall messaging, mission and vision. Incorporate on-brand colors in your images. If royal blue is your primary brand color, for example, shoot images that highlight (or contain) that color.
3. Mix things up, so that your photos are continually fresh. Use a combination of fun, heartfelt and serious images to demonstrate the many facets of your practice’s personality.
4. Have fun with captions. Dare to make them lively and descriptive, and uniquely yours.
5. Repurpose, repurpose, repurpose! Always be aware of how you can reuse your best images in multiple places (website, eNewsletter, Facebook page, Pinterest board, etc.).
6. Apply SEO tactics to your images to help boost your search engine rankings. This includes adding keywords to images, using descriptive titles/captions that offer context and providing links (when possible).
7. Remember that copying and pasting images from the Internet is not recommended for a variety of reasons. These images aren’t unique, don’t tell your story and might not be aligned with your brand. You also don’t own the rights to them.
Think like a photographer!
If you experience a moment that you know would make a perfect photo, grab your camera or smartphone and start snapping away.