We were there when the internet went public in 1995, thanks primarily to AOL, when a domain name was the new hot trend, the dancing baby made its debut, and the key marketing tool was a website. Every evolution, new fad, or trend that has since emerged, we were there, and our journey has been an interesting one.
Take A Look Into the World of Beyond Indigo Pets:
Kelly Baltzell, M.A., our founder, and Jeanne Pelletier, the technology creator, met on AOL in a mental health forum. Kelly was managing the day-to-day operations at the time and Jeanne was a message board moderator. AOL was expensive ($2.50 an hour) to use, but if you worked on it then it was free. People were willing to wait 15 minutes to get online because the internet was exciting! Remember the blue bar and the sound of a dial up modem?
Fast forward to 1997, and Kelly had started what at first was a grieving support website that later turned into Grieving.com. Take a visit—people from over 97 countries interact on the website. She needed technology help past her limited abilities and Jeanne jumped into the mix for the perfect combination of talents and skills! Oodles of creation happened and out of it grief support tools materialized that were then sold to funeral homes. Soon, however, life had a different direction in mind.
Pet owners were posting on the grief message boards that their veterinarians were amazing, but grief wasn’t a key focus of the services they offered. Could we go talk to them? We did, at an AVMA convention, and found out that veterinarians really had no idea what they needed for a website, their marketing in general, or how to connect with their current and future customers online. We fell in love with the animal space. As pet owners ourselves, we couldn’t wait to help veterinarians reach their pet owners and their clients. So much so, that we transitioned exclusively to the animal space.
2000's & Beyond
Throughout our journey, we have focused on a few guidelines:
- Be ethical and honest.
- Stay cutting edge with technology.
- Be willing to adapt and change as the internet changes.
- Be client- and pet-focused.
- Give back to the larger community with our skills and knowledge.
- Educate, educate, and educate again.
- Focus on empowerment instead of fear.
Today, we are a full digital marketing agency (Google-friendly websites, unique content generation, search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising on Google and social media, social media management, local search, and review management) for the animal space. We are here to simplify what has become a complicated subject. Beyond Indigo’s goal is results. Contact us to hear about the success we have had with others and what we can do for you.
Beyond Indigo Will
- Simplify your marketing by streamlining the number of vendors needed.
- Give you more time to focus on your practice while we focus on your marketing.
- Give you engaging digital marketing to tell your story and make your practice stand out.
- Give you tools to make you more visible to your target market.
- Give you accurate translations of veterinary language to layperson’s language.
- Give you peace of mind that your marketing is working 24/7 and is consistent with your vision and desire to grow.
- Educate you and your staff on current marketing practices, and empower you to use this education to benefit your practice and your clients.