The Cornerstone of Your Web Presence
Template WebsiteThink of a website built from a template structure as moving into an apartment in an apartment building. There are a few selections to make, such as size, general layout, and color, but that is the extent of choices your hospital is able to make on the appearance and functionality of the website. Template websites have the advantage of being inexpensive and quick. There are several areas, however, where template websites can cause issues:
- Your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) may suffer: Google tends to look at a website built on a template frame as one piece of the greater whole of the template provider. It is more difficult to code a template website down to the root structure for a particular geographical area and specific services.
- You run the risk of duplicate content, which hurts your SEO: Unique, original, high-quality content is the single most important factor in SEO. Templates tend to come with pre-made copy, which makes it easy for practices to use that instead of developing their own. Remember, Google now requires websites to have content that is unique to that business and ONLY lives on that one website. Duplicated content is no longer okay.
- You don't own your design: With a template, you are leasing or renting your website and have no rights to the design if you decide to move your website. You do not OWN your website.
Custom-Designed Website from Beyond Indigo
A custom-designed website is akin to moving into your own home. The structure, design, and content are made to meet the needs and specifications of your unique business within Internet standards. The two limitations with a custom website are it takes typically five months to build and costs more because you are getting individual attention from skilled professionals. However, the benefits outweigh the limitations, such as:
- Adaptable Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Solid SEO can be conducted on a custom website because it is built correct from the “ground” up. Furthermore, as Google makes its 600 plus changes a year, the site can be adapted quickly to the new “rules.” We provide monthly SEO reporting and adjusting at Beyond Indigo. Please ask about our SEO program.
- We write the content for you: At Beyond Indigo, we write unique, web-optimized copy especially for your business. We bake in the the rules of the Internet, what pet owners want to read, and write the content to a USA Today level, which is Internet standard.
- Your business owns the copyright: A custom-designed website is the only property on the Internet you can own. The rest is just a “lease” from other companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. You have complete control over how the website looks and functions. At Beyond Indigo, we feel strongly that the copyright of the design and content are 100% yours.
If you are ready to have a website that is yours, one that can be a reflection of your business, contact us today.