Beyond Indigo’s Marketing Results in the Time of COVID-19
In the midst of a global pandemic, each day the world looks a little different than it did the day before and even farther away from the “normal” we remember of just a few months ago. In times of uncertainty and economic turmoil, many business owners make quick decisions about cutting spending, and, unfortunately, marketing services are often some of the first on the chopping block.
It is more important than ever to continue your marketing efforts during a recession, however. This proactive approach can help your business not only keep its head above water but also allow it to thrive. According to Forbes, both Pizza Hut and Taco Bell increased their marketing spend during the 1990-1991 recession while McDonald’s decreased theirs. The result was a 61% sale increase for Pizza Hut, a 40% increase for Taco Bell, and a 28% decrease for McDonald’s. Online behemoth Amazon was also able to grow sales by 28% during the 2009 recession thanks to their continued ad spend and product development.
At Beyond Indigo, we understand the value of results.
Our team has been working tirelessly to help our clients continue to market their essential services to pet owners who are still trying to care for their pets. Here are a few of our favorite results in the time of COVID:
Optimizing Our Blogs
We utilize blogs to help our clients get more traffic to their websites, take advantage of high-value keywords, and add unique content to the site, all of which can help improve search result rankings. COVID-19 has accelerated the rate at which the news cycle changes, making it vital that you push out relevant content that can get users to your website to see your latest updates.
One of our Social Media Analysts has been using her blogs to share topics like “4 Things Your Cat Wishes You Knew.” She boosted this blog for just $50 on Facebook and, thanks to the eye-catching title, the blog reached over 4,000 people and sent almost 800 people to the landing page on the website! Getting this much traffic to the website is a great way to inspire users to click around and learn more about your services.
Google has made some changes to its advertising platform, but our team of rockstar analysts is paying attention to the changes and making necessary changes to our client accounts. Because of their efforts, many of our SEO and Google ads clients have seen more conversions than ever before. These are just a few of the top statistics we’ve seen so far:
- One client had more conversions this quarter than any other quarter since August 2017.
- Another client also brought in more conversions than they have since they joined with Beyond Indigo in the last quarter of 2017.
- One client actually tripled the number of conversions they had in the first quarter of this year.
- One client had 445 phone calls in March 2020 alone. This is a 51% increase from last year.
- Another client had a 127.27% year-over-year increase in New Client Form submissions. This resulted in an estimated value of $7,500 in new business for the practice.
Social Media Stars
Our Social Media Analysts have stayed on top of Facebook’s changes during COVID-19, and our clients are seeing massive results from those efforts. These are just a few of our top results:
- One client’s ad campaign had double the reach and triple the impressions with just 70% of their usual budget.
- Another client’s simple Curbside Care post had 252 reactions, 30 comments, and 26 shares!
- In February 2020, one of our clients got 1,830 clicks on an ad with a $0.54 Cost Per Click (CPC) average. In April 2020, this same client got 2,555 clicks with an average CPC of just $0.27.
- One client experienced a 410% increase in Facebook ad impressions.
- Yet another client got 59 New Facebook Page Likes in March (up 96% from February), saw an engagement rate of 7,323 (up 183% from February), and saw a 1,180% increase in ad impressions from February!
Beyond Indigo is here to help you and your business through the uncertainty of COVID-19. Our full-service marketing packages make it easy for you to maintain a relationship with your current clients and reach out to new clients so you can grow. Contact us today for a free consultation.